Skea's Guide: Waxing and Tuning
We have compiled a list of our favorite LOCAL ski waxing/ tuning shops in Colorado! Be sure to check them out!
Pepi Sports is a specialty retail operation located in the heart of Vail Village 100 feet down the street from the ski lifts on Vail mountain. Three floors include all the merchandise you need for your ski or summer vacation. Ski equipment, ski and bike rentals, repairs, men’s and ladies skiwear and sportswear plus a third floor ladies boutique await your shopping experience. Pepi Sports is located across Vail’s famous covered bridge on Bridge Street as you enter Vail Village.
** Spotted, Skea Elle Stripe Black/Fuchsia Jacket ON SALE at Pepi's online store.
If you are looking for a place on the front range to drop off your skis and get them cleaned up and ready to go, check out Epic Mountain Gear located in Denver, Aurora, Littleton, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Park Meadows, Westminster, or Frisco!
Supporting Made in Colorado Ski shops is the thing to do! Not only does Meier Skis make custom graphics in-house, but it is also home to their ski tuning shop: The House of Tunes! They currently offer the following services- call them today!
- Boot Deep Tune - Edge Sharpen, Hand Wax
- Knee Deep Tune - Stone Grind, Sharpen, Hand Wax
- Waist Deep Tune - P-Tex, Stone Grind, Edge Sharpen, Hand Wax
- Ski Binding Mounts - Check for Jig availability $60, $80 for Same Day/ 24hr Mounts (pending availability)
- Base Repairs- P-Tex is $10/inch and requires a waist-deep tune as well. Core shots and rebuilds vary on a case-by-case bases, bring in ski or board for a quote.
- ATSM Bindings Test - Standard test method for verification of ski binding. If a new boot is used with previously mounted bindings, this test should be performed.
We are partial to the Vail location, and right now they have some SWEET Skea from seasons past marked down! Any of the other 40+ locations in Colorado can help you tune and wax your equipment for the upcoming season. Or if you want to skip the line and DIY, they also carry Waxing/Tuning Kits available for purchase!
If you are looking for the cheapest option, REI members get free machine wax for your skis or snowboard – any time you need it! Equipment must be clean and free of rust to qualify. Members also receive 20% off shop services!
Ski hard, check your bindings, and wear Skea!
See you out there on the slopes this Winter!